Which are the best Nintendo Switch screen protectors?
Buying a screen protector for your Nintendo Switch goes a long way to protect your device. However, there are numerous Nintendo Switch screen protectors to choose from, most of which come with distinct features.
So, how do you select the right one?
The Best Nintendo Switch Screen Protectors Reviewed
This article will cover the eight best screen protectors for your Nintendo Switch to help you find the ideal product.
8. HORI Officially Licensed Screen Protective Filter
The first entry on this list of the best Nintendo Switch screen protectors is a sleek solution. HORI’s protective filter is made of PET plastic and is extremely easy to place on your screen.
You only need to line up the plastic cover with your display and peel off the sticker from the bottom of your device.
Once you apply the protective filter, only a few air bubbles tend to appear, but you’ll be able to smooth them out without any difficulties by rubbing the display with a credit card.
Another benefit of this protector is its elegant appearance. Since it’s made of plastic, it’s ideal for users who don’t like how a glass protector fits their screen. Moreover, the filter blends in with your screen and doesn’t smudge easily.
Additionally, the protector is quite robust and can survive falls from reasonable heights onto a carpet or similar surface.
However, the filter isn’t as durable as a tempered glass protector. As a result, you should be careful when transporting your Nintendo Switch over harder surfaces.
Furthermore, the HORI screen protector doesn’t come with any alcohol wipes. There are no stickers that can help you clean prints and dust before the application, which can be a minor inconvenience.
- Elegant design
- Easy application
- A few air bubbles appear upon application, and they are easy to remove
- Doesn’t smudge easily and fits your screen seamlessly
- The filter is quite robust for its design, considering it’s made of PET plastic
- HORI’s filter isn’t as durable as tempered glass protectors
- No alcohol wipes or stickers to remove prints and dust
7. amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector
The amFilm model is one of the most popular Nintendo Switch screen protectors due to its various features.
For instance, the amFilm protector is cost-efficient despite including two tempered glass screen protectors in the package that provide high-definition viewing. The item is just 0.3mm thick and doesn’t interfere with your Nintendo’s touch controls.
Moreover, the package contains a squeeze card, microfiber cloth, hinge stickers, and wet wipes that will facilitate your application process.
This product mainly delivers in the screen protection field. It will shield your display against drops and bumps without undermining your game visuals or including unnecessary bulk. The protector is highly durable, and its surface is covered with an oleophobic coating that reduces fingerprints.
However, even though the manufacturer promises an easy installation, doing it correctly can be difficult. This is especially true if it’s your first time applying a protective screen since the onset of bubbles is a possibility.
Furthermore, the wet wipes may hurt your Switch’s display. In particular, they can leave white streaking on the screen as the solution etches itself onto the screen or causes a chemical reaction that results in white streaking.
- An inexpensive Nintendo Switch solution
- Extremely durable tempered glass design
- High-definition viewing
- Ultra-thin build that doesn’t compromise your touch controls
- An oleophobic coating that combats fingerprints
- Air bubbles can form if the protector is misapplied
- The wet wipes can lead to white streaking
6. iVoler Screen Protector Tempered Glass
iVoler is another high-quality, affordable screen protector. It’s also 0.3mm thick and is fully compatible with your Nintendo Switch touchscreen sensitivity. The screen protector will shield your display from scratches without hindering your touch controls.
On top of that, the manufacturer includes a cleaning kit in the package. The equipment ensures that the protector fits the screen smoothly and provides optimal visibility. This allows for a natural, high-definition viewing experience. Additionally, the blue light filter doesn’t strain your eyes, and the screen coating resists fingerprints.
The main downsides to this screen protector have to do with the application process. Positioning the protector accurately can be somewhat challenging since the instructions aren’t straightforward.
Also, the hinge stickers that come with the protector can leave a residue on top of your Switch. They can leave a sticky feeling on the console, but you can use your wet wipes to eliminate the sticky patches.
- An affordable, fully compatible screen protector
- Prevents scratches to your device
- The cleaning kit helps ensure optimal visibility
- Natural, high-definition design that fights fingerprints
- No eye strain thanks to the blue filter
- The instructions don’t simplify the installation adequately
- The hinge stickers can leave a sticky residue on your Switch
5. Orzly Glass Screen Protectors
Orzly is known for producing highly reliable Nintendo Switch accessories, and its screen protector is a handy addition to the collection. It’s one of the thinnest Nintendo Switch screen protectors on the market, with a thickness of 0.24mm.
As a result, the protector doesn’t reduce your Switch Dock usability, nor does it affect your touchscreen sensitivity. The original viewing quality is preserved owing to the 94% light penetration ratio.
The protector’s rounded edges help prevent any accidental cuts. Apart from that, its tempered glass has anti-shatter abilities to remove the risk of hurting yourself while applying or using your protector.
Moreover, the protector provides optimal resistance to scratches. In fact, the model resists scratching up to 9H, which only objects harder than a knife can inflict.
Just as in the previous entry, the most significant issues with Orzly’s glass protector usually occur during installation. In particular, you need to pay special attention during the application to avoid air bubbles.
More difficulties can arise if a mote of dust lands under the glass. If you try to remove it with a sticker, the protector’s area can remain permanently lifted. So, take extra care when handling your Orzly protector.
- An ultra-thin model retains your display’s functionality and sensitivity
- 94% light penetration ratio ensures original viewing quality
- The rounded edges minimize the risk of accidental cuts
- No chance of hurting yourself due to the protector’s anti-shatter properties
- Remarkable scratch resistance
- Avoiding air bubbles during the application can be troublesome
- You can lift your protector if you try to remove dust with a sticker
4. TalkWorks Tempered Glass Screen Protector
The TalkWorks Screen protector delivers a host of benefits to your Nintendo Switch. First, the tempered glass protects your device from accidental drops and scratches. The protector is compatible with Nintendo’s cases and charging docks, and it won’t melt, chip off, crack, or peel in high temperatures.
The TalkWorks protector is ultra-thin and features a staggering 99.9% clarity. This means that you won’t even notice that you’re wearing the protector. The model also has a coating that resists fingerprints and smudges.
This item does its job, but installing it can be especially tricky. This is because there are no instructions included in the package. Consequently, it can be challenging to position the protector properly and prevent air bubbles from developing.
Also, if dust ends up under the protector, the lack of a dust removal sticker makes it almost impossible to remove the specks.
- Tempered glass shields from scratches and drops
- Compatible with Nintendo’s cases and charging docks
- The item won’t melt, chip off, crack, or peel in high temperatures
- The protector is inconspicuous due to its 99.9% clarity
- The coating fends off fingerprints and smudge.
- No instructions make it hard to avoid bubbles when applying the protector
- Removing dust particles is basically impossible since there are no dust removal stickers
3. ZAGG InvisibleShield Tempered Glass Screen Protector
The ZAGG InvisibleShield screen protector might be one of the most unique Nintendo Switch screen protectors out there.
The model is made of Glass+, which is an advanced technology that imbues the protector with strength on a molecular level. The item resists shattering and denting, and its oil-resistant build repels smudges and fingerprints.
This product is easy to clean, and the EZ tabs greatly facilitate the application process. In fact, the ZAGG screen protector is self-applying, lowering the risk of bubbles and creases during the installation.
On the other hand, the dust removal sticker can be a pain in the neck. If you try to use it on your protector, it can leave a lot of glue on your Switch. Consequently, you may have to scrub the glue off, which can damage your console.
- Glass+ provides strength and ensures shattering and dent resistance
- The protector repels fingerprints and smudges
- Easy to clean
- The protector is self-applying, making bubbles and creases less likely to appear
- The dust removal sticker can leave piles of glue on your Switch
2. Syncwire Nintendo Switch Screen Protector Tempered Glass
The Syncwire Nintendo Switch screen protector may be the superior product on this list. It is six times stronger than a regular tempered glass protector and can withstand impacts from a 22-lb. steel ball dropped from 3 ft.
The protector has a 9H hardness that keeps your display safe from knives, coins, and keys in your pocket.
The protector contains elegant and pre-cut 2.5D curved edges that perfectly fit your Switch screen. This ensures that no Nintendo functions and touchscreen sensitivity features are compromised. Furthermore, the product is 99.9% clear and has oleophobic and hydrophobic layers that resist fingerprints, oil, and sweat.
The installation kit includes four installation wings, two dry wipes, two wet wipes, one microfiber cloth, six dust removal stickers, and a comprehensive installation guide. As a result, your chances of a successful application are much higher.
Additionally, the model has a three-year warranty covering any air bubbles or cracks on the screen protector.
The only problematic area is bubble creation. Namely, if you don’t follow the protector’s adhesive carefully, some bubbles are bound to form.
- Incredibly durable and powerful
- Resists scratches from various threats
- Elegant edges that fit your Nintendo perfectly
- Three-year warranty against cracks and bubbles
- Fully equipped installation kit
- Air bubbles are possible if you don’t follow the adhesive closely
1. Ailun Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch
The final entry – the Ailun screen protector – is another viable option. It protects your screen adequately with its laser-cut tempered glass. The item shields your Switch from shocks, scratches, and dust, whereas the oleophobic coating fends off fingerprints and oils.
The anti-chip, rounded edges improve your grip and gliding experience. The installation is easy and enables you to remove dust effortlessly before placing the protector onto the screen.
However, the protector doesn’t quite match the size of your Nintendo screen. It can leave some space between the glass and the screen, increasing the risk of bubbles.
- Protection against shocks, scratches, and dust
- The oleophobic coating resists fingerprints and oils
- Enhanced gripping and gliding experience
- Simple installation
- Bubbles are possible as the protector leaves some space between the surface and screen
Nintendo Switch Screen Protectors Buyers Guide
To ensure you get the best deal, here’s what you should look for in your Nintendo Switch screen protector.
An adequate screen protector should have proper impact resistance that extends its lifespan. Also, look for 9H hardness to avoid scratches.
A pre-cut screen protector is a better option than universal protectors. They have grooves and notches around their edges that allow for a perfect fit.
Get as much clarity for your protector as possible. You can get 99.9% clarity from your product in some cases, minimizing the glare and avoiding color degradation.
To prevent the annoying fingerprint cloud on your screen, find a screen protector with an oleophobic coating. It will fend off the natural oils inside human skin and eliminate the chance of fingerprints.
Detailed Instructions and Installation Kit
See if your screen protector comes with detailed instructions and necessary installation equipment. Look for dust-free cloths, screen wipes, squeeze cards, and dust removal stickers to facilitate the application process.
Which One Prevails?
In this Nintendo Switch screen protectors contest, the trophy goes to Syncwire’s screen protector. It offers exceptional durability, resistance to scratches, and it’s 99.9% clear.
Also, the model is pre-cut and fights fingerprints, oil, and sweat. Finally, the comprehensive kit and instructions will help you waltz through the installation.
All things considered, the Syncwire screen protector will provide the ultimate protection and outstanding visual properties, making it the clear winner.
The 25 Best Anime Couples
Who are the best anime couples? The best anime couples are featured in various genres, from the predictable shoujo anime...
The 25 Best LEGO Games of All Time
What are the best LEGO games? LEGO games are some of the most popular video games available, and they are...
The 25 Best Romance Anime
What is the best romance anime? In some respects, it’s a matter of opinion. Your favorite romance anime might not be our...