Stardew Valley Tiger Trout: Guide
In this article, we’re telling you everything you need to know about the Stardew Valley Tiger Trout.
Stardew Valley is a relaxing farming simulator with plenty of things. Its deceptively simple playstyle hooks you in, making you play for hours on end. (I know I have!) And one of the many things you can spend your time with is fishing.
The title’s fishing minigame has straightforward mechanics. Though it does take some skill to catch wilier fish, like the Tiger Trout. And for our Stardew Valley Tiger Trout Guide, we’ll be listing all the details you need to know about this rare fish!
STARWDEW VALLEY TIGER TROUT: WHEN AND WHERE TO FIND THEM
The Tiger Trout spawns exclusively in Pelican Town’s river. So, head to the southern area of the town square or left to Cindersap Forest, where the river continues along Leah’s house.
Also, note that the Tiger Trout can only be caught during Fall or Winter, so mark your calendars! They also appear regardless of the weather, but a rainy day increases your chances of catching fish.
If you’re having troubles with the Tiger Trout, don’t worry. There’s a chance that the Traveling Cart might sell it with a price point ranging between 450g and 1,000g.
STARDEW VALLEY TIGER TROUT: GIFTING, BUNDLES, RECIPES, AND OTHER USES
When you finally have the Stardew Valley Tiger Trout, you can use it for all sorts of things — from cooking to gifting, and even sewing! (I know that last bit is weird, but trust me on this.)
Planning to give the Tiger Trout as a gift? Here’s how the residents of Pelican Town feel about it:
NEUTRAL ABOUT IT
Community Center Bundles
River Fish Bundle
One of the game’s main goals is to finish the Community Center and help the town get back on its feet. Fortunately for you, the Tiger Trout is part of the River Fish Bundle. Simply offer the item to the Fish Tank straight up from the entrance, and you’ll have one fish down! Completing the River Fish Bundle will grant you 30 pieces of Bait and partial completion of the Community Center’s Fish Tank collection.
You can also use the Tiger Trout to make any of these:
- Sashimi (Any Fish; restores 75 Stamina and 33 HP)
- Maki Roll (Any Fish, Seaweed, Rice; restores 100 Stamina and 45 HP)
- Quality Fertilizer (Sap x2, Any Fish; used on tilled soil to make quality crops)
Keep an eye out for these quests as well to get monetary rewards:
- The Fishing Quest is offered by Willy, and he’ll ask for one to four Tiger Trouts. This quest can be obtained randomly during the Fall or Winter season from the bulletin board on Pierre’s General Store.
- The Aquatic Overpopulation Quest is offered by Demetrius, and he might ask for 10 Tiger Trouts. This quest can be obtained randomly from the special orders board outside the Mayor’s Manor during the Fall season.
Lastly, here are the rest of the Tiger Trout’s uses that don’t fall under any of the previous categories:
- Using the Tiger Trout with the Sewing Machine produces the Fish Shirt.
- You can also place Tiger Trouts in Fish Ponds. Though they can’t reproduce like other fish, they can produce Tiger Trout Roe. These can either be sold as is or made into Roe with a Preserves Jar.
I’ll be honest. It took me some time to catch my first Tiger Trout. As one of the rarer fish in Stardew Valley, its minigame is tricky, with its fish icon bobbing up and down the bar quicker than you can follow. But with some practice (and maybe a couple of rod upgrades and special tackles), you can catch it too! Just remember when it’s available and what you can use it for. But you probably already know that from our Stardew Valley Tiger Trout Guide. Happy fishing!
To download Stardew Valley, visit the official website. There, you can read up on updates from ConcernedApe and even catch a glimpse of the franchise’s new tabletop game! Alternatively, you can hang out with us here. We have another Stardew Valley Guide on Catfish!
OSRS: The 10 Best Melee Weapons (Ranked)
Which are the best melee weapons in Old School RuneScape? Old School RuneScape is surging in popularity again, as seems...
OSRS: The 10 Best Weapons of All Time (Ranked)
Which are the best weapons of all time in Old School RuneScape? Stabbing, crushing, and slashing the many dangerous foes...
The 10 Rarest Items in Escape from Tarkov
Which are the rarest items in Escape from Tarkov? Escape from Tarkov, a multi-player FPS that offers numerous game modes,...